Thursday, April 5, 2012


I don't know about the rest of you but I have spring fever so bad! And it doesn't help that the warm weather has come like 5 weeks early this year. My lilacs are in full bloom and they usually do that the first week of May. But I'm not complaining! I want to put out annuals and I know its too early - today its only 50 degrees and tonight we have a freeze warning. Today I spent a few hours crafting and painting. One of the projects is decorating bowling pins. Never have done that but it was fun! They're for a fund raiser called "Strike Out Hunger" and will be auctioned off. The merchants around town were asked to participate and donate a couple of decorated pins. No rules - so I made mine a Flapper Girl and a Santa.

Well, bad news about my catering kitchen. This county has incredibly strict Health Dept. laws, and I would have to install a commercial septic system for the kitchen. Kind of anal, if you ask me, when we wouldn't be using a tremendous amount of water. I priced the systems, and they fall anywhere between $10,000 and $30,000. On the bright side, my students will be happy to have a painting studio to come back to. A few of them have contacted me wanting to come back to class, so maybe my teaching days aren't all behind me. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment